The weather is cooling and activities begin to move inside the home. Soon the holidays will be upon us, which means more cooking and entertaining. Your kitchen is the room in the house where friends and family gather and there is plenty of time to get that kitchen project planned, finished and ready to wow your guests. Your kitchen remodel budget doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are a few tips to get the most bang for your buck.
- Custom cabinets are a great place to start your planning. Traditional shaker style cabinets are still trending and offer a classic look that will never go out of style. White painted cabinets offer a clean look that is easy to pair with countertops and flooring. If cabinet replacement is more than your budget allows, a fresh coat of paint and new hardware may do the trick.
- New countertops are a great way to freshen up the kitchen. Granite is still the preferred choice for many homeowners or a laminate with a stone look is a wonderful and affordable alternative to real stone.
- Changing the flooring can totally transform the look and feel of your kitchen. Ceramic tile is easy to clean and durable or wood flooring paired with painted cabinets is warm and easy on the feet. There are also many laminate flooring styles that look great and can hold up to daily traffic.
- Adding a kitchen island can increase storage and offer a wonderful place for family and friends to gather. Painted in a color that is complementary to your cabinets is a great way to spice up the room.
- A fresh coat of paint on the walls and ceiling is the most affordable way to update the look of your kitchen. Whether you choose warm beige or add a pop of color paint is a quick and easy way to transform your space.